Saturday, March 12, 2011

And in the beginning, there was LD and a dream...

Hello, Folks!

My name is LD. And I've had a dream. You see, I write. At first, it was poems, short stories - even a novel. But along the way, I discovered an ability to write music. I've always loved music, and enjoyed participating in its performance above anything else. And so, it was a convergence for me - where passion and ability came together, into the most 3-dimensional product I could create on my own: the expression of words plus the immensity of the universe of sound.

Years ago, I began my project of recording a CD. But in the past few years, the project has stalled horribly. So I'm putting myself out there into the ethers - to bring myself the energies I need in order to progress and achieve this lifetime goal - and possibly much, much more.

About a week ago, it was recommended to me that I journal my progress on this project, since I've been so stuck, so unable to bring myself up out of the mire - but I'm not much for writing it out by hand.

And then, a couple of serendipitous things happened.

First, I saw a certain movie which, for some reason, "opened my brain back up," so to speak. Gears started to spin. I started to believe in Big Things again - as I had long ago believed were possible, for myself, but somewhere along the way had grown discouraged by Real Life. In the past few years, especially, there have been some huge events which shook me to the core. In trying to deal with those, I found it difficult to bother with my own goals anymore.

Then, I started reading a certain book which meshes with my lifelong mindset and validates my oddness and pursuit as being A-O-Kay. The fact that I haven't been very successful in the conventional world makes perfect sense when you put it together with the fact that I'm not necessarily conventional. What I want to achieve fits perfectly with who I am, what I enjoy, and what I think I do best.

Putting that all together, it seems like the time, now, to put the cart before the horse. I'd been waiting to create a web presence for after I had an actual product in-hand. But maybe that thinking was wrong. Maybe I need to create the presence - create the promise - create the energy to help propel me forward, in order to make progress on the stalled project.

So I've created this blog, a web page, a FaceBook page and other tools to help me fulfill my intention and get my own butt moving to complete this project.

Along the way, I might also use this forum as a method to voice random, possibly amusing, thoughts for which I don't have another outlet. :-)

So, thank you very much for sharing in the LD on CD project. I hope you check back for updates.

No comments:

Post a Comment